Precision Attenuator for Hard X-Rays (ABS-300)
ADC has licensed and is offering a Precision Attenuator for Hard X-Rays (ABS-300) that was developed over many years at the synchrotron radiation source PETRA III at DESY. This system will provide the ability for scientists to reduce the incident x-ray flux to any desired value.
- 12 Foil carriers, 2.1cm x 2.1cm square aperture (20 mm x 15 mm effective aperture)
- Foil carriers can be loaded with other items of similar size such as photodiodes
- Foils can easily be exchanged for others of different metal and thickness, including calibration foils
- Low power electrically controlled
- Easy filter/absorber changes (using pressurized air: 3 – 8 bar), speed is adjustable
through screws on the pneumatic actuators
- Usable in a wide energy range (Type 1: 5-30 keV; Type 2: 2.5-20 keV)
- High-Vacuum Capability (1e-7 mbar)
- No vacuum feed-through used
- Stiff structure and minimal vibration
- Reliable detection of the actual position of the slides (in or out of the beam)
- TCP/IP Ethernet Controller Interface
- Can manually move the slides from the outside without venting or feedthroughs
- At 3rd generation synchrotron radiation sources the beam can be micrometer sized. As the foils are not made fully homogeneous it is mandatory for an absorber that it stand still and that the same spot is always illuminated. Our product does this well.
- NW40 or DN40 flanges available to meet customer needs
- Most similar products contain only 4 foils, requiring three stacked together to provide functionality through such a wide energy range
ADC offers a large assorment of synchrotron and neutron equipment including: High Presicion Slits, Optical Tables, Lead Shielded Beam Pipes, Micro Ion Chambers, Split Two Axis Ion Chambers, Mirror Systems, Monochromators, Spectrometers, Insertion Devices (EPU, Wiggler, Planar, In-Vacuum, Apple), ID Measurement System and many other Beamline Components. Our products are being used at many synchrotron, neutron, and x-ray facilities around the world including; APS, NSLS, DLS, NSRRC, BESSY, BESY, CHESS, ESRF, BSRF, CAMD, NSRL, PAL, LNLS, CLS, SSRF, ANKA, KEK, SPring-8, ELETTRA, MAX-LAB.